1. What is the area in acres of an area one chain on a side?
2. In taping from point A to point B, a distance of 865.47 feet how many pins should the rear chainperson have in hand when holding the tape to measure the final 65.47 feet?
3. In question 2, how many pins should the front chainperson have in hand when holding his/her end of the tape over point B?
4. The distance from station 0+00.00 to station 10+00.00 is along a constant slope, where the rise in elevation between the two station is 11.00 feet. To accurately measure this distance along the slop (i.e., not horizontally), what actual distance would have to be measured? Use both methods show in class; is there a difference?
5. A distance of 687.35 feet was measured on level ground with a tape that was 100.00 feet in length when the temperature was 98 F, what is the corrected length?
6. A line was measured on level ground when the temperature was 68 F was found to be 668.24 feet in length. Later, the tape was calibrated and found to be 99.98 feet in length. What is the corrected length of this line?
7. A tape that was 100.03 feet in length at 68 F was used when the temperature was 25 F. the difference in elevation along the line was 8.00 feet. If the recorded (measured) length was 984.12 feet, what is the corrected length?