This week, through our readings and discussion, we have had the opportunity to explore the factors involved in working in groups to reach a common goal, specifically how cultural differences play a role in group work. Additionally, we have begun to explore the following course outcomes:
- read and extract information and ideas from a variety of texts; – Critical thinking
- demonstrate how personal, professional, academic, and communal interests can positively or negatively affect the way we approach an issue; – Respect for Diversity, Lifelong Learning, Social, Ethical and Professional Responsibility
- articulate how learning extends beyond the classroom. –Communication & Lifelong Learning
In your journal, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignments, and discussions (you are encouraged to reflect back on previous weeks as well). Answer each of the following questions to guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, or interesting,
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life?
- How do the course outcomes (listed above)for this week apply to your experience so far?
- What specific ideas did you learn from the Starbucks book this week that you could use in your every life or future career?
- What questions do you still need answered?