Assignment 1: Discussion Questions
By Saturday, July 22, 2017, post your response to the assigned discussion questions in the below Discussion Area. It is important to support what you say with relevant citations in the APA format from both the course materials and outside resources. Include the South University Online Library in your research activities utilizing not only the nursing resource database, but also those pertaining to education, business, and human resources.
No later than Wednesday, July 26, 2017, review and comment on the discussion question responses posted by at least two of your peers. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language. All comments should be posted to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.
Review the following research questions.
- Is the use of soap and water or alcohol-based rubs more effective in preventing nosocomial infections?
- How effective are anti-depressive medications on anxiety and depression?
- For patients of 70 years and older, how effective is the use of the influenza vaccine at preventing flu as compared to patients who have not received the vaccine?
- What is the relationship between alcohol and breast cancer?
- What is the difference between self-efficacy scores in older adults who exercise and the scores of those who do not?
- What is the difference in attitudes of male and female college students toward condoms?
Next, select 3 of the above questions and address the following:
- Identify an appropriate research design.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the design.
- Provide a rationale for the design you selected