Option #2: U.S. Healthcare vs. the World
The Affordable Care Act changed the landscape of U.S. healthcare. Many other countries already have national healthcare for its citizens. Compare and contrast the Affordable Care Act with another country’s healthcare policy. In your analysis examine:
- Discuss how the government were involved in its creation and analyze issues associated with their involvement.
- Describe the role of public opinion and lobbying groups.
- Discuss the balance of markets and the government.
- Evaluate the concepts of equity, efficiency, and effectiveness and their role in the policy and its passage.
- Assess the effects on the aging and poor populations.
Finalize your findings by providing suggestions to U.S. policy that would decrease cost, but increase quality, and access to care.
- Your project should include a presentation of 15-20 slides identifying the differences/similarities of both policies.
- In addition you will create a written response of the suggestions you would make to U.S. policy. Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length, not including the title or references pages, and draw from at least three credible, outside sources other than your textbook. (Outside sources can be accessed from the CSU-Global Virtual Library.)
- Your paper must utilize 4-5 scholarly sources from the CSU-Global Library.
All assignments must be formatted according to APA Requirements.
Review the Capstone Grading Rubric in the Module 7 folder.
Preliminary Deliverables that will be factored into your Capstone Project:
- For Module 1, you will post any questions about the content or requirement of the Capstone assignment to the questions thread. If you have no questions, acknowledge that you have read the assignment by responding to the appropriate discussion thread. (10 points)
- In Module 2 you will submit your assignment option choice for your Capstone Project (10 points)
- In Module 3, you will submit an annotated bibliography for your project. (10 points)