Biomimicry is design innovation inspired by nature. For this thread, you will select an example from the image above and discuss how biology has inspired design of products. Be sure to address the following questions:
- What is the scientific and common name of the organism in which the design originates?
- Describe in a paragraph the organism. Where does it live? What is its life cycle?
- Describe the adaptation that inspired the design. What does it do for the organism?
- Describe the product that was developed based on the adaptation. Do you find it to be useful?
- What other applications can you see from this example?
refer to the link : http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/02/engineers-w…