Strategies for the Four Domains
There are four domains in English Language Development (ELD): reading, writing, listening, and speaking, as described in Chapter 2 of your text. In this assignment, you will research the four domains and find effective instructional strategies utilized to facilitate ELD. Write a paper that includes the following:
- Identify at least five strategies
- A narrative describing each strategy
- Assign each strategy a domain and justify why it is most effective in that domain
- Summarize when each strategy should be used: early on as an English language learner, later as a long-term English learner, or both
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least one scholarly source (e.g., teacher resource book, journal article, professional website) in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.