1. What is the primary cause of the astronomical seasons?
2. What are the two factors that influence the amount of solar energy per incoming area each day? Explain how each varies over the course of a year (for a given location).
3. What month do you think the graph on slide 35 represents? Explain your reasoning.
4. On June 21st, at what latitude is the sun directly overhead at noon? What is the name of this latitude?
5. On September 22nd, at what latitude is the sun directly overhead at noon? What is the name of this latitude?
6. How many hours of daylight are present at the South Pole on February 20th? Explain your reasoning.
7. Where and when would you expect to have longer days: 45°N on June 21st, or 50°S on December 21st? Explain your reasoning.
Please answer each question in 2-4 complete sentences.