By Day 1 of Week One, your instructor will assign you a State to examine for this
discussion. The ability to extract healthcare data from online databases is
important to identify trends that can lead to better patient care. The Agency
for HealthCare Research and Quality (AHRQ) provides a web based tool for
extracting data presented in the National Healthcare Quality and Disparities
Reports. In this discussion you will query the database to find data from your
Identify the state you were assigned in your discussion post subject line.
- Go to the AHRQ website mentioned in the required resources section for this
week. Click on “State View” and select the state you were assigned.
- Click on the link that says “Review Underlying Data”. Give two examples of
measures for each of the categories below:
- Achieved the benchmark or better
- Close to achieving the benchmark
- Far from achieving the benchmark
- Investigate one of the measures you noted above that are in the “far from achieving
the benchmark” category.
- Look at the data tables and graphs. What trends do you see over time?
- How does your state compare to the total group? Be specific and provide the
comparison data for all of the measures you noted above in your
discussion. For example, “Florida’s breast cancer death rate was 21.50
compared to 23.5 in all populations”.
- What conclusions can you draw from the data you presented?
Initial Post: Your
initial post should be 250 to 300 words. In addition to the textbook, utilize a
minimum of two scholarly sources to support your post. Cite and reference your
sources in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
I was givien the state of Florida