During each week of the course, you have covered various issues and trends associated with the U.S. health care system. For your Final Paper, you will apply the knowledge that you have gained throughout the course and the program of study by analyzing key health policy issues from the perspective of major stakeholders in the U.S. health care system.
The U.S. health care system has been shaped by numerous policies that have been established over a long period. Utilize at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library. 2 page paper
- Analyze the roles of the five major stakeholder groups or subgroups listed below in influencing health care policy formulation relative to the following issues: access to care, cost of care, and quality of care. Support and justify your ideas with appropriate research. Based on your research, explain the general position or stance of each group or subgroup as it relates to each of the listed issues (access to care, cost of care, and quality of care).
- Governmental agency (e.g., County Medical Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Health care professional association (e.g., American Medical Association, American Nurses Association)
- Direct or indirect health care providing organization (e.g., hospital, long-term health care facility, pharmaceutical manufacturer, managed care organization)
- Politicians (e.g., political party, President, U.S. Senate)
- Patients (e.g., general population, special populations)