This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8)
Data analysis is key for discovering credible findings from implementing nursing studies. Discussion and conclusions can be made about the meaning of the findings from the data analysis.
- Share what you learned about descriptive analysis (statistics), inferential analysis (statistics), and qualitative analysis of data; include something that you learned that was interesting to you and your thoughts on why data analysis is necessary for discovering credible findings for nursing.
- Compare clinical significance and statistical significance; include which one is more meaningful to you when considering application of findings to nursing practice.
Professor’s comment: Hello Class,Welcome to week 6! In this thread, I ask that you discuss the differences between clinical significance vs.statistical significance and descriptive statistics vs. inferential statistics. What are some examples of these and when it comes to significance, is one more meaningful than the other?
This week, we also discuss the 4 basic rules of understanding results. These are helpful to think about once you have completed this class.
In this thread we will work toward the following Course Outcomes:
- Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies
- Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice.
I look forward to your posts! Paula
references: Houser, J. (2018). Nursing research: Reading, using, and creating evidence (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.