THIS IS A TWO PART QUESTION. I HAVE ATTACHED THE GRID FOR PART 1 IN A FILE. THE HEALTH-RELATED BILL MUST COME FROM ONE OF THE FOLLING WEBSITES AND MUST BE PROPOSED NOT ENACTED YET. PART 1 IS TO GO ON GRID PROVIDED IN FILE. REFERENCES NOTED TOO
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Comparison Grid; 1- to 2-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement)
Part 1: Legislation Comparison Grid
Based on the health-related bill (proposed, not enacted) you selected, complete the Legislation Comparison Grid Template. Be sure to address the following:
- Determine the legislative intent of the bill you have reviewed.
- Identify the proponents/opponents of the bill.
- Identify the target populations addressed by the bill.
- Where in the process is the bill currently? Is it in hearings or committees?
- Is it receiving press coverage?
INSTRUCTIONS: BASED ON BILL SELECTED IN PART ONE, COMPLETE PART 2 IN APA FORMAT WITH REFERNECES
Part 2: Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement
Based on the health-related bill you selected, develop a 1- to 2-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement that addresses the following:
- Advocate a position for the bill you selected and write testimony in support of your position.
- Describe how you would address the opponent to your position. Be specific and provide examples.
- Recommend at least one amendment to the bill in support of your position.