Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3
- Minimum of 2 scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
- Go online and look up your state constitution. Choose three state sections such as religious freedom, freedom of the press, etc. and discuss the guidelines for each.
- Compare these sections to the equivalent section in the United States Bill of Rights. List differences, if any.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources in addition to textbook if cited)
Includes substantive content and is 1 Â½- 2 pages long
Comparison includes at least three sections of the state constitution equivalent to comparable sections in the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights with excellent clarity and examples.
Similarities and differences (Federalism) are described with great clarity and examples included for both similarities and differences.
Clear reference to all of the following: Bill of Rights, United States Constitution, and State constitution.
Source is properly cited in the text and references page demonstrating a mastery of resource and APA citation reference format.
New jersey State Constitution
Textbook: Greenberg, E. S & Page, B. I. (2018). The Struggle for Democracy, 2018 Elections and Updates Edition. (12th ed.). Pearson.