Oil resources are limited. It is really not a question of if we will someday run out of oil, it is a question of when we will run out of oil. However, predicting when that day will be is controversial, even among oil experts.
- Do some research on current predictions for how much longer our oil supplies will last. A good Internet keyword search could be “how long will our oil supply last?” Here are two good articles to read for your research:
- After doing your research, put together a written report, recorded podcast, or pamphlet to answer the following questions:
- Why are oil supplies limited?
- How long would it take for nature to make more oil if we ran out of our current supply?
- What are some of the predictions for how much longer our oil will last?
- Why are predictions about the future of oil supplies uncertain and controversial, and what types of events affect future oil supplies?