Researching Community Partnerships
Review the “Preview of Your Final Project” criteria sheet to help you focus your work this week. Before engaging in your research, make sure you have decided on the organization you would like to research in this class so you can apply the work you do this week to your final project.
*Note: As you gather your sources, make sure the ones you choose are no more than five (5) years old. This is part of the requirements for your Final Project.
Six-Article Annotated Bibliography
- Find and summarize the Grow, Hamm, & Lee’s “The Debate over Doing Good” (in EBSCO).
- Use your key terms that you generated through searching Grantham Library’s EBSCOhost and/or Google Scholar to find at least five additional, reputable articles to review as background information on community partnerships and community organizations.
- Review each of the six articles you found and summarize them based on the following criteria:
- The name of the author and article,
- The purpose of the article,
- The problem addressed,
- The population addressed, and,
- The results of the article.
Your review should include all six articles. You should provide a 100-150 word paragraph for each source addressing the each of the four key ideas in your summary. Each article should also include a reference citation in APA format.
Remen, R. N. (1999 Jan.1). Helping, fixing or serving? University of Cincinnati.Retrieved from:
In the article, “Helping, Fixing, or Serving” (1999), Remen asserts that people see the world in three
different ways broken, weak or whole.