Choose one assignment. This assigment must be in APA formatting as well as 3-4 pages long!
Assignment: Part of understanding the mind-body connection is to understand the processes and relationships between the physical and psychological states of a human being. Understanding this connection leads us to the nature versus nurture debate.
- What is the nervous system, and how do the central nervous system (CNS) and peripheral nervous system (PNS) work together to coordinate the body’s activities?
- How does the endocrine system influence behavior?
- How does heredity impact individual behavior?
- How do one’s environment and the social influences around them influence behavior?
- Which do you believe provides the stronger influence on behavior: nature (genetics) or nurture (environment)? Explain why.
Please base your essay on Unit 1 course content, textbook, experience, and quality Internet materials. Be sure to appropriately cite your resources.
Please submit your assignment.
Assignment: You are chairing a committee at work that has been tasked with developing a “healthy mind and healthy body” seminar for employees. Management has asked that you discuss your topics and plans for the seminar including a copy of the informational flyer (poster) you will post in the break room for employees.
I. Topics to be covered include the following:
- how the mind and body work together
- what research tells us about how an unhealthy mind and body can impact behavior at work
- the dangers of internalizing stress
- the physical and emotional benefits of keeping discrimination and prejudice out of the workplace
- ideas and strategies for keeping the workplace happy and healthy
II. Your flyer (poster) should accompany the discussion of your topics and should be informative and inviting.