Select a public health program that is working toward reducing a health disease such as diabetes, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, or asthma. Based on your selection, respond to the questions below.
- Write a brief introduction to address the program by including an informative and historical overview explaining the need for the program, the theoretical background on which the program is designed, the services offered (in brief), and the significance of the program.
- Describe the health disease and include data on current incidence, prevalence, and mortality rates and projections for the next five years. Address interventions and treatment options to change the status quo of this epidemic. Present the data in a tabular or graphical form.
- Compare and contrast how this disease is affecting different racial and ethnic groups. On the basis of your calculations, what information can you conclude?
- Identify the resources needed to treat this disease, including facilities, equipment, pharmaceuticals, research, funding, and healthcare professionals.
- Using the projections, estimate the resources needed to treat these diseases over the next five years. Explain the estimates.
In a Microsoft Word document, present your work as a 4-page report formatted in APA style. Be sure to cite your sources of information in the correct format.