Preparing the Personal Philosophy of Nursing Paper
Read the attached article:
A Personal Nursing Philosophy in Practice
- Use the outline in Chapter 3, p.116, “Guide for Writing a Personal Philosophy Nursing” in the textbook by of Masters (2020) as a guide as you write your personal philosophy of nursing. The paper should be 5-6 typewritten double spaced pages (excluding title and reference pages). The paper should address the following using Level I headings:
Introduction–includes who you are and where you practice nursing (Conforming to appropriate APA formatting guidelines using the title of the paper)
Definition of Nursing
Assumptions or Underlying Beliefs
Link to an article from AACN concerning assumptions and beliefs:
Definitions and examples of the major domains of nursing (Access the “Clarification” document below for additional information on the subject of “Domains.”
- How are the domains connected?
- What is your vision of nursing for the future?
- What are the challenges that you will face as a nurse?
- What are your goals for professional development?
2. The paper will be graded on the quality of information, use of citations, use of standard English grammar, sentence structure, overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions, grading criteria, and rubric. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper should be directed to the course faculty.
3. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered).
4. When your assignment is complete, save and close the document.
Attach your Module 5 Writing Assignment to the link below:
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points. See attached directions and grading rubric.
Marchuk, A. (2014). A personal nursing philosophy in practice. Journal of Neonatal Nursing. 20, pages 266-273. DOI 10.106/j.jnn.2014.06.004