Personal Philosophy of Nursing Paper
Preparing the Personal Philosophy of Nursing Paper
- Use the outline in Chapter 3, p.116, “Guide for Writing a Personal Philosophy Nursing” in the textbook by Masters (2020) as a guide as you write your personal philosophy of nursing. The paper should be 5-6 typewritten double spaced pages (excluding title and reference pages).
- The paper should address the following using Level I headings:
Introduction–includes who you are and where you practice nursing (Conforming to appropriate APA formatting guidelines using the title of the paper)
Definition of Nursing:
What is nursing?, Why does nursing exist?, Why do you practice nursing?
Assumptions or Underlying Beliefs
Nurses?, Patients?, Other healthcare providers?, Communities?
Definitions and Examples of the major domains of nursing
Person, Health, Environment
- How are the domains connected?
- What is your vision of nursing for the future?
- What are the challenges that you will face as a nurse?
- What are your goals for professional development?
2. The paper will be graded on the quality of information, use of citations, use of standard English grammar, sentence structure, overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions, grading criteria, and rubric. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper should be directed to the course faculty.
3. APA (7th ed.) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (not running heads) (upper and lower case, centered).