If you can wing this assignment the best way you can that you be great. Thanks in advance
The following is the purposes of this assignment:
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Quality Expert in a selected healthcare organization.
- Review the organizationâ€™s mission, vision, values, and beliefs.
- Discuss the Nursing Quality Expertâ€™s strategic plan as it relates to The Institute of Medicineâ€™s Quality initiatives and ONE of the following core competencies.
1) Employ evidence-based practice
2) Apply quality improvement
3) Utilize informatics
- Conduct a core competency-focused interview with a Nursing Quality Expert.
- Discuss the role of the BSN-prepared nurse to support the strategic plan related to selected IOM core competency.
- Discuss what was learned from time spent with interviewee and how own nursing practice will change as a result of the encounter and completion of this assignment.
- Select your interviewee, schedule and conduct an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse employed in a leadership role as a Nursing Quality Expert. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to: Quality Care Coordinator, Performance Improvement Officer/Coordinator, Director of Quality Assessment, Compliance Officer, Safety Director, Regulatory Officer/Director If you have any concerns about whether the RN is â€œsuitableâ€ for this assignment, contact your faculty BEFORE you schedule and conduct the interview.
- Review all areas on the Interview Form PRIOR to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview. However, you may not give it to the individual and ask him or her to complete it and return it to you.
- Prior to conducting interview, review two scholarly resources related to ONE aforementioned core competencies upon which you plan to focus. These resources should guide your interview process and understanding of the Nursing Quality Expertâ€™s role and responsibilities as it relates to the selected core competency.
- Prior to interview, review the organizationâ€™s mission, vision, values and beliefs.
- Note that practice impact must be addressed by YOU and is a very important criterion.
- Conduct the interview. The length of your interview will vary but should not exceed one hour.