Please choose one of the methods of determining trustworthiness and integrity of research discussed in text and describe in detail. Provide an example of how it may be utilized. Provide an example of the chosen method. Be sure to include reference(s).
The focus of this assignment is to gain a better understanding of middle range theories and evidence based practice models through reflection and practice application.
A. List three key differences between grand theories and middle range theories.
B. Using the theory I have listed below next to your name, provide the following: Barbara Resnick- middle age nursing theory of self efficacy
B1) Brief description of theory including key concepts.
B2) Find a study that has used the theory…describe how the theory was used in the study? Provide the citation. Do not use the same study as another student.
B3) Could you use or do use this theory in your own practice? How?
B4) You should have at least 2 different references this week. One citing where you found the information on the theory and one for the study that used the theory.)
C. Select one model of Evidence Based Practice (EBP) presented. Using your current clinical setting and a practice problem you have noticed, determine what you would do to institute EBP into your current practice to address the problem.
C1-C2) Describe the problem and then how you would institute EBP to address it.
Book used in class :Theoretical Basis for Nursing
ISBN-13: 978-1496351203, ISBN-10: 9781496351203
Assignment 2: LASA 1: Development Throughout the Lifespan
Erikson and Freud are two of the few theorists who have developed a lifespan approach to development. Freud’s approach to development was psychosexual while Erikson’s was psychosocial. Even though Freud’s theory is better known, Erikson’s theory remains a leading and very much applied model in personality and developmental psychology today.
When considering these two stage-oriented theories, you can directly compare the majority of their stages. These are matched in the following table:
When considering Erikson’s eight stages of development, the way a person moves through each stage directly affects their success in the next stage. Their personality is being built and shaped with each stage. At each stage, there is a turning point, called a crisis by Erikson, which a person must confront.
In this assignment, you will observe or interview two different people, each at a different stage of development. For a third observation, take a look at yourself and the stage that you are in (this stage must be different from your other two observations).
- Record your three observations in a template. Include the following information:
- Current developmental stage
- Status within the stage (i.e., identity achievement or role confusion)
- Events that have lead to this status
Download a Development Template from the Doc Sharing area to record your observations.
- Summarize what you have learned about psychosocial development through these observations/interviews.
- Summarize the trends you see in your observations/interviews regarding psychosocial development.
- How does movement through Erikson’s stages influence personality development? Again, be specific.
- How do Erikson’s stages of development compare to Freud’s stages? How are they similar? How are they different?
- Between these two theories, which one do you feel best explains your own personality development? Justify your answers with specific examples.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Insert your chart at the end of your paper. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, February 1, 2017, deliver your assignment to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
Course Project Grading Criteria and Rubric