Part I: Introduction to EBP: Basic Concepts
Please read the attached article (Sacred Cow Gone to Pasture: A Systematic Review of EBP) and answer both questions:
- Identify a sacred cow that you use in your practice. Now try to track back to identify its source. Was it tradition (â€œThis is the way itâ€™s always been doneâ€)? Authority (â€œDr. So-and-so said soâ€)? Or systematic research (â€œAn empirical study discovered this to be the caseâ€)?
- Can you identify a sacred cow in your own practice? How do you think you might go about changing it?
Part II: Ethics
- If you knew a patient was being coerced into a study what would you do?
- Researchers are offering $1000 to be in a drug trial study. Do you think this is ethical? Why or Why not?
- You have been asked to participate in a study where group interviews will be conducted and confidential information is shared. Do you participate? Why or why not?