Disability is Schizophrenia
Describe your selected mental health client population, the nature of the disabilities being experienced, and the associated OT-related needs.
2. Explain the challenges that exist because of the disabilities experienced.
3. Briefly discuss any research that has been done to examine: a) the problems encountered by this population regarding functional limitations and b) the effectiveness of existing OT interventions.
4. Utilize primary sources to support your assertions. Include the methodological approaches that were utilized for the research studies you are citing, and how effective they were for providing useful information for mental health OT practice.
5. Describe strategies and interventions discussed in the literature as being currently in use for your selected mental health client population. Also briefly discuss OT programs that have been implemented to address the issues resulting from limitations in functioning for this population.
6. Briefly discuss several strategies that were described in the literature you cited for ensuring ethical mental health OT research practices.
7. Explain how the information from your cited body of research could be more broadly applied to mental health OT practice. Use at least one primary source to support your arguments, assertions and recommendations
8. Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph. You concluding paragraph should be written from the perspective of Mental Health OT Practice as a whole, or the interdisciplinary aspects of Mental Health care