The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to use effective strategies to utilize the CINAHL Complete, locate a scholarly professional nursing article, summarize the article to reflect on this new knowledge, and apply this new knowledge to the RN to BSN student’s future nursing practice.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
Explore ethical nursing practice responsibilities of BSN prepared nurses.
Examine one’s own professional goals within the context of the profession.
Discuss models of organizational structure in nursing practice.
Examine current nursing standards and practice.
Develop techniques for reflective nursing practice.
Utilizes [sic] professional communication.
Submit the assignment prior to 11:59 PM EST Sunday of Week 2.
Preparing the Library Search
- Read this document (Library Search Guidelines) including the Rubric.
- Select a nursing topic of your choice from the following list:
a.) Nursing ethics
b.) Standards of nursing practice
c.) Nursing practice excellence,
d.) Professional communication in nursing or
e.) Models of organization structure in nursing
To get started,
- Access the NKU Home Page.
- Click on “Quick Links”
- Locate the Library link
- Scroll to “Start My Search”
- Click on “Articles”
- Type in key words for your search
- Check “Advanced” box
- Go to “Refine Results” box and select available criteria.
- Click on “Show More’ to add more criteria
- Using CINAHL Complete, find an article for this assignment using the following criteria:
- Locate a scholarly article published in a professional nursing journal (not a medical journal). For the purposes of this assignment, an acceptable scholarly article meets the following criteria.
- The journal is a peer reviewed professional (meaning that the articles were blindly reviewed by a panel of nurse experts prior to publication â€“
- CINAHL Complete features a peer review limit within the advanced search options
- The first author is a nurse with advanced degrees listed in the article
- The article has at least 3 pages
- The selected article has a reference list at the end of the article In text citations used throughout the body of the article and a reference list is available at the end of the article. [Note: as a rule all in-text citations should have a reference and all references should have a corresponding in-text citation(s).
- The article is written in 3rd person (he, she, it) and does not use the second person ( you) in the text.
- The article is not a brief item, editorial, news item, or review
- The article has been published within the last 5 years.
- Write a narrative which meets the criteria in the Grading Rubric listed below.
- When you have finished writing, save your document to a file in your computer. Close the document. Submit the document as an attachment using the link provided. Click here to access the submission link: Module 2: Assignment — Library Search (SLO 5 & 8)