Learning Activity #4: Glaciers and Deserts Exercise
- Read Chapter 10 from The Heavens and the Earth textbook.
- Research the following aspects of glaciers.
- What is the difference between an ice sheet and a glacier?
- What are some signs of glaciation in an area? Have you found any “erratics” or signs of glaciation close to where you live? If so, describe them. If not, explain why not.
- How do deposits from wind, streams, and glaciers differ?
- What five factors can form a desert? (Give examples of each.)
Submission Item: Write a 1-2 page, double-spaced explanation response, comparing the formation, location, and types of desert landforms and landforms made by glaciation. Be sure to answer the above questions within the context of your writing.
Learning Activity #5: Natural Resources Paper
- Submission Item: Write a 1-2 page paper focusing on natural resources found on Planet Earth.
To achieve maximum points for content and analysis, the following elements need to be thoroughly addressed or included.
- Create a chart that lists at least seven natural resources found on Planet Earth. Examples can be taken from, but are not limited to these categories: fossil fuels, animal life, plant life, water, air, or types of minerals. Include columns for the following:
- Describe the concept of “sustainable use.”
Summarize steps that humans can take to sustainably use the resources you have listed in your chart.
Write 1-2 paragraphs that address the following questions:
o What verses from Genesis contribute to the “dominion” mandate?
o How are the terms in these verses similar? How are they different?
o How does the dominion mandate affect human interactions with the resources God has placed on our Earth?
o How can this mandate be interpreted by those who try to use resources irresponsibly?
- Please use the OCU Template to ensure APA formatting is applied correctly.
- Ensure that you have cited and referenced at least two scholarly sources.