Assignment 2: Journal Entry
Photo Credit: Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay
Critical reflection of your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting has the benefit of helping you to identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills, while also recognizing your clinical strengths and successes.
This week, you will write a Journal Entry, reflecting on your clinical strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Refer to the â€œAdvanced Nursing Practice Competencies and Guidelinesâ€ found in Week 1â€™s Learning Resources and consider the quality measures or indicators advanced nursing practice nurses must possess in your specialty of interest.
- Refer to your â€œClinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Formâ€ you submitted in Week 1 and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek and consider the patient activities you have experienced in your practicum experience and reflect on your observations and experiences.
Journal Entry (450â€“500 words):â€¯
Learning from Experiences
- Reflect on the three most challenging patients. What was most challenging for each?
- What did you learn from this experience?
- What resources did you have available?
- What evidence-based practice did you use for this patient?
- What new skills are you learning?
- What would you do differently?
- How are you managing patient flow and volume?
Communicating and Feedback
- Reflect on how to improve on your skills and knowledge and how to communicate that back to your Preceptor.
- How are you doing? What is missing? –
- What type of feedback are you receiving from your Preceptor?