- Refer to the current Clinical Guidelines found in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and consider how these guidelines inform your clinical experience.
- Refer to your FNP or AGPCNP Clinical Skills and Procedures Self-Assessment Form you submitted in Week 1, and consider how your self-assessment might inform your Assignment.
- Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek and reflect on Weeks 1â€“5 of your clinical experience. Consider your observations and experiences with patients during this time.
Journal Entry #1
In your journal entry, answer the following questions:
Learning from Experiences
- Reflect on the 3 most challenging patient encounters and discuss what was most challenging for each.
- What did you learn from this experience?
- What resources did you have available?
- What evidence-based practice did you use for this patient?
- What new skills are you learning?
- What would you do differently?
- How are you managing patient flow and volume?
Communicating and Feedback
Respond to the following reflective questions:
- How might I improve on my skills and knowledge, and how to communicate that back to my Preceptor?
- How am I doing? What is missing?
- What type of feedback am I receiving from my Preceptor?