• Brainstorm a number of health care delivery or nursing practice problems that could be explored using correlation statistics. Then, select one problem on which to focus for this Discussion.
• Formulate a research question to address the problem and that would lead you to employ correlation statistics.
• Is the care provided by staff of a residential community home for persons with IDD /DD more improved than the care provided by a family member or friend within a residential private home within the community for an IDD /DD person? ( pose a practice problem r/t topics previously discussed ).
• Develop a null hypothesis and alternate hypotheses.
• Ask yourself: What is the expected direction of the relationship?
• Address the following in Discussion:
• Identify your selected problem in the first line of your posting and post your research question.
• Post a null hypothesis and alternate hypotheses for your research question and identify the dependent and independent variables that would be associated with the research study
• Provide your prediction for the expected relationship (positive or negative) between the variables. Why do you think that sort of relationship will exist? What other factors might affect the outcome?
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.