GE Healthcare. 2019. GE Healthcare Imaging 2030 – Meet Sophie. https://youtu.be/N6HqHIGfvVI
The optional literature below may help with the discussion and assignment.
Literature on Telemedicine
- Kluge W. (2011) Ethical and legal challenges for health telematics in a global world: telehealth and the technological imperative.
- Nassar BS, Vaughan-Sarrazin MS, Jiang L et al. (2014) Impact of an intensive care unit telemedicine program on patient outcomes in an integrated health care system. (Links to an external site.) JAMA Int Med 174(7):1160-1167
- Pearl R. (2014) Kaiser Permanente Northern California: Current Experiences With Internet, Mobile and Video Technologies.
ActionsHealth Affairs; 33(2):251-257
Literature on PACS
- Hains IM, Georgiou A, Westbrook JL. (2012) The Impact of PACS on Clinician Work Practices in The Intensive Care Unit: A Systematic Review of the Literature.
Actions J Am Med Inform Assoc.:19(4):506-513
Book: Health Informatics: Practical Guide Seventh Edition by William R. Hersh (Author), Robert E. Hoyt (Author) ISBN-13: 978-1387642410 ISBN-10: 1387642413
Select one stakeholder: physician or hospital. Then, discuss the two advantages and two disadvantages of using PACS. Be sure to include the learning objectives listed in the rubric. Your original post is due on Wednesday and your comments are due on Sunday. Please see the rubric for grading.
- Answer the following
- What does PACS stand for? Define PACS.
- Using the textbook or doing a web search, find an actual PACS used today and provide some of the features of the system.
- Discuss 2 benefits (or advantages) of PACS
- Discuss 2 challenges (or disadvantages) to adopting PACS as it relates to one stakeholder.