Resource: Tools and Decision Making for Ongoing Performance Management Presentation Grading Criteria ON ST JUDES CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
Select one organization type from the various organizations your Learning Team analyzed as part of your Week Four assignment. Build on your knowledge acquired from all previous assignments to complete the final Learning Team presentation.
Conduct research about decision-making processes in risk management and quality management in health care, including the following:
- Common problems encountered by your chosen organization type
- How to acquire relevant information required for decision making
- Common tools used to enhance decision making
- Challenges that may be encountered in making risk-management and quality-management decisions
- Current and future trends in risk and quality management
- What strategies should be adapted to improve ongoing performance
Outline your organization’s decision-making processes that will be used to address risk- and quality-management issues. A 1-page list of steps, a flow chart, or a decision tree format is suggested.
Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Tools and Decision Making for Ongoing Performance Management Scenario Worksheet located on the student website. Submit the worksheet to your facilitator separately from the presentation materials.
Create a presentation of your findings. Your presentation may be in one of the following formats:
- A 10- to 12-minute in-class poster presentation
- A 10- to 12-minute recorded presentation uploaded to a video sharing website such as YouTube with a link submitted to the facilitator
- A 5-6 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, including detailed speaker notes
- Another format approved by your facilitator
Support your presentation with a minimum of six sources, four from the University Library and two from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a list of all resources used in your research.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Why the process, information, and tools were chosen and how they should contribute to a response
- The decision your team made regarding the scenario and how you reached your decision
- How any changes resulting from your decisions could be disseminated and implemented in the organization