Please read this instruction carefully.
No course or internet materials are permitted. Any evidence of these activities with the result in a grade of zero.
You are only permitted to use the course text material.
- Answer THREE of the following questions.
- Your answers to these questions should be roughly 300 words each in length.
- 1. Describe necessary and sufficient conditions and their importance for ethical reasoning.
- 2. Explain Desire Satisfaction Theory and discuss two possible objections to it.
- 3. Describe instrumental and intrinsic goods, explain the differences between them, and discuss their relevance for moral theory.
- 4. Explain the difference between hedonism (or pleasure) and happiness as the highest goods and explain which Plato would prefer and why.