- Review pp. 155-162 in the course text, Environmental Science: A Study of Interrelationships, regarding Developed Nations and Less-Developed Nations.
- Consider the differences in population, population-limiting factors (such as availability of food and water), and population policies of DNs and LDNs.
- Reflect on the possible futures of nations that do not succeed at limiting population growth, and the impact that will have on the world at large.
- Compare one DN of your choice with one LDN of your choice, and compose a 2-page essay in which you do the following:
- Discuss the economic, social, and cultural reasons for differences between the population densities in these two regions.
- Evaluate the policies of the DN with those of the LDN you chose as they relate to reducing the population/fertility rates.
- Explain how the two nations you researched are attempting to reduce their population/fertility rates.