The purpose of this discussion is to generate ideas that might be viable approaches to address the issue you chose for your Public Health Action Plan.
Think through what your action plan is intended to accomplish, and imagine approaches that might lead to or support successful results. List all of the action ideas you can think of, then go back and evaluate them. Which ideas do you think might have the biggest impact? Which ideas would be relatively easy to implement? Which ideas would require significant resources? All of the ideas that you generate might potentially be useful for some aspect of your Public Health Action Plan draft, due at the end of the next unit, so it would be a good idea to retain this list and continue to develop your thinking. The issue I chose is “Racial and Ethnic Disparities in HIV/AIDS among Teens in Rural Communities in America.” This is a discussion assignment and the answer has to have a minimum of 250 words in APA format with scholarly references and citations.
For this discussion, though, select two of the ideas which you believe would have strong potential for addressing the issue you chose. Think through the value of these ideas, researching and exploring their potential for addressing your issue. For your initial post in this discussion, make the case for using these approaches. In your initial post:
- Briefly describe the issue you are addressing.
- Describe two action ideas that you think would have the large impact on the issue.
- Explain why you think each idea would be a powerful way to address the issue, and provide evidence for your point of view. As part of the evidence you provide, cite readings from this unit which strengthen your case.
- Analyzes course concepts, theories, or materials correctly, using examples or supporting evidence.
- Collaborates with fellow learners, relating the discussion to relevant course concepts and extending the dialogue.
- Applies relevant professional, personal, or other real-world experiences to extend the dialogue.
- Validates position with applicable knowledge.
- APA format with scholarly references and citations.