Develop a concept map for type 1 & type 2 DM. Address the following topics related to this condition:
1. Etiologies, risk factors, and comorbidities associated with this condition. Have students focus on the global characteristics.
2. Pertinent assessment findings (what is happening physiologically, psychologically, etc.) explain what the nurse should assess for in terms of each organ system.
3. Diagnostic tests associated with the condition
4. Nurse’s role in caring for the condition (per assessment data in #2)
5. Interdisciplinary teams role(s)
6. Prioritization of treatment/interventions (including pharmacological and insulin management and implications, etc.)
7. Teaching/health promotion for the patient (specifically about nutrition, sick days, survival education, and how to monitor for complications of this condition)
8. Community resources that would benefit the patient