Submit a paper describing a client, family member, or other individual you know who has a degenerative cognitive disorder. Possible conditions include Vascular dementia, Lewy Body disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, AIDS-related dementia and delirium, among others. Include at least two APA citations from sources that provide information for this paper:
- Introduce the person with a brief social and medical history. What were the events leading up to the diagnosis? How did the person find out about the condition?
- Describe the disorder. What are the risk factors for the disorder?
- How is the condition diagnosed? Include any cognitive assessments, lab tests, or other medical exams.
- Describe treatment options. These may include psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, environmental adaptations, nursing interventions, and referrals to support groups.
- Conclude with an update about the person you chose to discuss. Is this a reversible, treatable condition or an irreversible condition? What was the outcome?
- You may choose your material from the textbook or from other sources.
- It is expected that this essay will be 2-3 pages in length (not including the title page), double-spaced. Your paper should include an introduction and conclusion and proper APA citations from any source material you use, including your text.