Procedure Posting Routines
- List five main items that should be inspected on each personal check before accepting payment.
- When a patient has a primary and/or secondary insurance, explain why the balance due may appear delinquent even though the account is current (not late)
- Explain the importance of offering patients alternative methods of paying a balance.
- How does documenting collection activity (details of conversations or when letters are sent) assist the staff of a medical office?
- When posting payments from secondary insurance payers, explain why comparing the primary insurance EOB or RA and/o9r the patient ledger to the secondary EOB/RA is useful.