The purpose of this discussion is to synthesize your learning from the readings in this unit to develop your own perspective on the basis of national health policy.
Consider the variety of perspectives provided in this unit’s readings on health policy, and particularly the differences in approaches between the United States and other countries. For your initial post in this discussion, choose a health issue or disparity that is not the topic of your Public Health Action Plan, and address the following: The health issue or disparity I chose is Pancreatic Cancer.
This is a discussion assignment and answer to be a minimum of 250 words.
- Describe the issue or disparity, including the health issue or risk and the populations involved.
- Identify and briefly describe approaches to addressing this issue that have been used in other countries, but not yet in the United States, that you think might be beneficial to try in this country.
- Briefly describe how you envision implementing that approach in the health care environment in the United States, including pointing out any major obstacles that you would expect to encounter.
- Analyzes course concepts, theories, or materials correctly, using examples or supporting evidence.
- Collaborates with fellow learners, relating the discussion to relevant course concepts and extending the dialogue.
- Applies relevant professional, personal, or other real-world experiences to extend the dialogue.
- Validates position with applicable knowledge.
- APA format with scholarly references and citations.