You may use any professional or peer-reviewed journals, texts or nursing resources such as your texts(s), however, Wikipedia, webMD or other commercial health sites aimed at the layperson are not appropriate. Appropriate citations must be provided. This paper should be approximately 5-7 pages long excluding references or cover page. The paper should be in APA format and absent of any grammar or spelling errors with cover and reference pages. You will submit your paper by the assigned date. You may copy and answer the questions as a way to organize your work.
Sections 1-4 are worth 20 points (5 points each)
1. What are this patientâ€™s both modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors and how may they contribute to your patientâ€™s current or past medical diagnoses?
2. What is/are this patientâ€™s primary presenting problems/diagnosis(es)? You will discuss the pathophysiology later in this paper.
3. How does the patientâ€™s current presentation/physical findings confirm the admitting diagnosis?
4. Identify any vital signs that are out of normal range (high or low), list the normal ranges based on this patientâ€™s age and/or sex. Discuss the relation of the abnormal vitals to the patientâ€™s history or current presentation. Is this consistent with or expected of a patient with this diagnosis?
Section 5 is worth 20 points
5. Discuss each of the patientâ€™s medications. Include the dose, route and frequency. For each medication listed discuss the following:
a. Why this medication is prescribed?
b. How does this medication mediate or treat the patientâ€™s condition?
c. What are the major side effects or precautions for the medication for this patient (consider patientâ€™s demographics, diagnosis and any medication interactions)
d. What new or ongoing lab studies will need to be monitored in association with these medications
Sections 6 is worth 5 points
6. What if any additional or ongoing lab studies or diagnostic tests would you anticipate or request for this patient?
Section 7 & 8 are worth 25 points each
7. With each problem/nursing or medical diagnosis listed in question #2, explain the pathophysiology for each. Discuss how the diagnoses affect each other. What labs or assessments are needed to monitor this condition? How do the patientâ€™s diagnoses contribute to the potential for abnormal lab value(s).
8. Based on the information you have gathered about this patient, create 2 priority nursing diagnoses and create a nursing care plan for the patient including a plan for patient education and health promotion. Include and describe the use of and rationale for:
a. Priority Nursing Diagnoses
b. Patient Centered Goals
c. Interventions for each Goal