THIS IS FOR 9th grade brochure
- One: Answer the following questions in this section. You may also want to include a map that shows the earthquakes as well as the corresponding tectonic plates. Be sure to include visuals, maps, graphs, and pictures to illustrate your responses.
- What are earthquakes?
- Where do they occur most often? Why?
- How likely is it that your area will experience an earthquake?
- What are the types of seismic waves? Describe/explain each of them.
- What instrument do seismologists use to measure/detect seismic waves?
- How do seismologists locate the epicenter of earthquakes