Very generic lab report exercise done in most if not all bio classes. Need by Friday at the latest more money if given faster. Isolating DNA From a Banana(1).docx
3.3 – Hands-on Laboratory
The purpose of this assignment is to introduce you to basic DNA extraction techniques by isolating and visualizing DNA from a banana. Although this exercise will be completed in your home, it is theoretically the same method scientists use in a laboratory setting to extract DNA from cells.
Open the link to the document to find the experimental procedure and instructions for extracting DNA from a banana. Once completed, you will submit a photograph of your final result, along with the answers to several questions included in the file.
Follow the detailed directions below:
- First, read the full instructions in “Isolating DNA From a Banana,” Isolating DNA From a Banana.docx
- Gather your supplies, most of which you may have at home already, others of which are readily available at local grocery stores or pharmacies.
- Collect the DNA. Take a photograph and answer the questions in the lab document.
- Save the lab document in .rtf, .doc or .docx format. Name it as “Isolating DNA From a Banana_Your Last Name.”
- Submit the completed lab document via the link above (the title of this assignment) as an attachment.