Week 3 – Assignment 2
Sustainable Living Guide Contributions, Part 3 of 4: Sustaining Our Water Resources
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please review Chapter 5: Water, in Turk and Bensel’s Contemporary Environmental Issues textbook (2014). The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this week’s theme of sustaining our water resources; second, to provide your third contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide. Your work this week, and in the weeks that follow, will be gathered (along with that of your peers) into a master document you will receive a few days after the end of the course. The document will provide everyone with a variety of ideas for how we can all live more sustainably in our homes and communities.
To complete this assignment,
- The term for this assignment is BIOACCUMULATION
- Next, download the and replace the guiding text with your own words based upon your online research. Please do not include a cover page. All references, however, should be cited in your work and listed at the end, following APA format expectations.
In the template, you will
- Define the term thoroughly.
- Clearly relate the term to the week’s theme.
- Explain how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Relate the term to the challenge of achieving environmental sustainability.
- Justify if the term represents an obstacle to that goal, or perhaps a technique or technology that might promote it.
- Suggest two specific actions we can take to promote sustainability in relationship to this term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The Week 3 assignment
- Must be three paragraphs in length (not including title, any quoted material, and references) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must cite the following three sources at minimum:
- The class textbook, or provide a URL formatted according to APA standards to the resource in case your term was not in the text.
- A scholarly source.
- A credible source.
- To aid you in your research, and particularly in locating scholarly sources via the Ashford Library or using Google Scholar, please review the following Ashford videos and tutorials:
- Scholarly and Popular Resources (Links to an external site.)
- How to Use FindIt@AU (Links to an external site.)
- Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.)
- Research, Keywords, and Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.)
- Accessing Full Text and Citation in Google Scholar (Links to an external site.)
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper guide (Links to an external site.).
- (Links to an external site.)Must include a separate references list that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
I have attached chapter 5 from the book as well as the template needed.